Racecourse

A New Racecourse for Vancouver Lake

PVRA recently purchased and installed a new racecourse at Vancouver Lake to replace our old course. With this new racecourse, PVRA will be able to continue to provide a first-class venue to host regattas throughout the year, including US Rowing’s Northwest Youth and Masters Championships and the Row for the Cure ®, and will continue to offer Northwest youth, collegiate and masters rowing organizations the opportunity to hold races and scrimmages of their own, for many years to come.

Over 3,000 rowers train and compete on our racecourse over the racing season, including the US Rowing National Youth Camp in 2017. Our racecourse on Vancouver Lake provides a desirable, centrally-located and convenient venue for Washington, Oregon, California and Canadian clubs.

Pulling Together!

PVRA is committed to continuing to develop our race venue and increase the racing opportunities for all of the crews in the Northwest but we need your help!

PVRA paid for 55% of the new racecourse with funds we saved over many years and with a loan for the remaining 45%. Thanks to the help of many donors, we raised a good portion of the funds necessary to pay off our loan but more funds are needed.

Our goal is to raise an additional $50,000 to pay off the racecourse loan and to add an 8th lane and new stake boats at the starting line. Here is how you can help us reach our goal:

Support the New Racecourse

Mail a check donation to:

Portland Vancouver Rowing Association
PO Box 82607
​Portland, OR 97282

Donate via PayPal/Credit Card:​

Visit Easy Fundraising Ideas
Fundraising Thermometer Provided free of charge by:
Easy Fundraising Ideas


How You Can Support US

Thank You!

We would like to recognize and thank the many donors who contributed to our racecourse fund. Your support makes it possible for us to provide a first-class, competitive rowing venue in the Northwest Region and helps to promote the sport we all love – ROWING!